We are the Brahma Kumaris Environment Initiative.
The scope of the Privacy Notice concerns all data subjects whose personal data is processed, in line with the requirements of the GDPR. This Notice is to inform you of our policy about the personal information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that you provide to us. “Process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Your personal data will not be disclosed to any third party, unless we are legally required to do so. We undertake to preserve the appropriate confidentiality of all information you provide to us.
The Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University (Brahma Kumaris) Denmark as Data Controller is responsible for ensuring that this Privacy Notice is made available to data subjects when collecting and processing their personal data.
3. Who are we?
The Brahma Kumaris Environment Initiative is about awakening greater environmental awareness within our own organisation, as well as collaborating and learning from others through dialogue, partnerships, UN conferences and local initiatives.
As a spiritual organisation our main aim is to help people to experience greater well-being through inner peace and universal values. Hence our environmental initiative is based on five main principles: Living with simplicity, buying compassionately, using economically, learning continuously, sharing generously
The Brahma Kumaris (Denmark) will be registered as the Data Controller with the Danish National Supervisory Authority.
The Brahma Kumaris (Denmark) can be contacted directly as follows:
1900 Frederiksberg C
Tel + 45 33 31 0421
4. Information we process with your consent
When you post comments to a blog article, we record the name you give us and your email address to allow us to communicate with you. We also record your IP address. For as long as the comment is on our website, your email address, name and IP address will be held on our server. We will delete the comment and your information on your request as per GDPR requirements. We reserve the right to reject your comment.
For you to receive our newsletter, we collect your email address. Each newsletter will include instructions as to how you can unsubscribe from the newsletter, but you can also contact us with a request to have your subscription deleted.
Our email service is hosted by Google. All emails will be kept for one year.
5. Your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded anonymously.
6. Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this Privacy Notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as strictly required by us:
- to provide you with the services you have requested.
- to support a claim or defence in court.
7. Legal obligations
We may be required to disclose personal information to legal authorities if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
Our server is hosted in the UK.
9. Legal basis
Our legal basis for processing personal data, is at least one of the following:
- processing is necessary to comply with legal obligations of the Data Controller
- data subject gives consent for one or more specific purposes
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject
By consenting to this Privacy Notice, you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes as identified above.
Consent is required for the Brahma Kumaris (Denmark) to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for special category data, we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
11. Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. To obtain a copy of any information we hold about you, you may send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to request the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to object to automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that the Brahma Kumaris (Denmark) refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by the Brahma Kumaris (Denmark), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Supervisory Authority in Denmark.
13. Review of this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website.
Revised 27 July 2020