The BK COP team in Madrid continue to make important connections and collaborations, sharing the idea that the world needs a change in consciousness. Included in this report:
- A report of the state of the COP negotiations
- The interfaith press conference with Sister Jayanti
- Activities in the Civil Society space
- A side event, “Building a spirit of solidarity to deal with the climate emergency
- The creation of the Sanctuary Space, a new collaboration including BK
After the intense period of BK programmes and side events, the team were able to network with other groups and enjoy some social occasions with them. In this report there is:
- Workshop on tracking progress 2020-23, a two day CAMDA workshop
- Inner Dimension of Climate Change, a programme of the Global Peace Initiative
- A reception for friends
- How do we relate to future generations? – Organised by the Institute for Advanced Social Studies and BKs helped to facilitate
The Brahma Kumaris team continue to be busy meeting organisation leaders from around the world and sharing the message of peace. In this report there is:
- BK COP Press conference
- Lecture at University Carlos III
- Sister Jayanti meeting the Environment minister of Argentina
- A view of the Indian Pavillion
This second report from the COP25 reflects one of the Brahma Kumaris’ busiest days. There were several Brahma Kumaris side events and the exhibition stand has been kept busy as it has been, once again, very popular. This report includes:
- Background information for COP25
- 10 ways to change the world exhibition stand
- The interfaith coordination meeting
- Side event: Strengthening Peaceful Pathways to Sustainable Solutions
- Side event: Inspiring Courage to Act and Adapt in a Climate Emergency
- Side event: Collective Adaptation to the Climate Emergency
This report records the formation of the highly qualified Brahma Kumaris team from around the world participating in the COP25. This report includes:
- The BK team introduction
- Attending the Indigenous Peoples’ Platform
- The initiation of action by the interfaith group
- The opening of the COP25
- Attending the Human Rights and Climate Change meeting
- The BK exhibition stand firing into action
As has been the case for many years now, Brahma Kumaris will be participating in the Conference of Parties 25 (COP25). Even though the event has moved half way around the world, from Chile to Spain, a strong team has been assembled for the event. Many programs have been arranged to enable us to convey our message of spirituality and its importance to managing climate change. Here we give the team profiles, the calendar of events and a press statement of 2/12/19.
The COP25 team assembled in Chile produced a number of events in preparation for COP25 being in Chile. This report describes the team and a presentation by Golo Pilz. This talk included all the main points of the work of Brahma Kumaris for the environment. There is also description of a talk: Healthy mind, healthy planet at Viña del Mar.
LH Positive Planet Forum 2019
5000 people gathered in Le Havre over three days, with 150 speakers from all over the world who presented practical positive propositions to change our societies facing new challenges. The Brahma Kumaris were invited to participate. Please see the link to the Positive Planet Foundation website:
LCOY-15, INDIA is being hosted by Brahma Kumaris from 2nd to 4th November at its International HQs, Mt.Abu, Rajasthan. Youth from all parts of India are invited to participate in this event and make their voices heard.
The UNCCD COP14 was organized from 2nd to 13th September 2019 at the India Expo Mart in Greater Noida in which delegates from 196 countries participated.
The Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University (BKWSU) actively participated in the conference.
UNEP conference, Nairobi, 2019
This UNEP conference held in Nairobi in July 2019, was for youth leaders to come together to discuss actions they can take to facilitate control of climate change. It was a celebration of the 4th anniversary of Laudato Si and the 5th anniversary of the Catholic environment group CYNESA and was attended by a number of world leaders concerned with environmental issues.
Climate Week, Latin America & Caribbean, 2019
LACCWThs is a photo report of the participation of Brhama Kumaris in the Climate Week in Latin America & Caribbean.
The Brahma Kumaris family in Malaysia held a green retreat to look at aspects of agriculture with experts giving advice on such matters as Fertigation and Hydroponic Farming Systems. This was combined with reflections on the power of meditation to positively affect agriculture yields (yogic farming).
Brahma Kumaris celebrating EU Sustainable Energy Week
As well as attending and participating in the EU event in Brussels, Brahma Kumaris held a number of events in several countries to bring spiritual awareness to a wider audience. These are described in this short report.
United Religious Initiative Nairobi 2019
A meeting was organised in the Desmond Tutu Conference Centre in Nairobi to commemorate World Environment day, 5th June. Many religious groups attended this meeting and Brahma Kumaris, represented by BK. Jyotsna Patel and Dorcas, were active there.
SB50 Climate Change Conference 2019 – week 2
This report gives a summary on the BKEI involvement in the second week of SB50, the intercessional meeting of the United Nation Framework on Climate Change (UNFCCC) in Bonn. In this second week the BKEI served through:
- a stand with information material and posters
- Our BKEI official Side Event on Thursday 27th June
- One focus of networking was with youth to prepare for COY15 in Chile
- Another focus had been on bilateral meetings with people from the UNFCCC and the new Chilean COP25 Presidency.
SB50 Climate Change Conference 2019
The Bonn Climate Change Conference (SB50) hosted a wide range of events, meetings, and negotiating sessions to raise ambitions to curb greenhouse gas emissions, and accelerate resilience-building efforts. Brahma Kumaris were an active participant at this event.