The BK COP team in Madrid continue to make important connections and collaborations, sharing the idea that the world needs a change in consciousness. Included in this report:
- A report of the state of the COP negotiations
- The interfaith press conference with Sister Jayanti
- Activities in the Civil Society space
- A side event, “Building a spirit of solidarity to deal with the climate emergency
- The creation of the Sanctuary Space, a new collaboration including BK
After the intense period of BK programmes and side events, the team were able to network with other groups and enjoy some social occasions with them. In this report there is:
- Workshop on tracking progress 2020-23, a two day CAMDA workshop
- Inner Dimension of Climate Change, a programme of the Global Peace Initiative
- A reception for friends
- How do we relate to future generations? – Organised by the Institute for Advanced Social Studies and BKs helped to facilitate
The Brahma Kumaris team continue to be busy meeting organisation leaders from around the world and sharing the message of peace. In this report there is:
- BK COP Press conference
- Lecture at University Carlos III
- Sister Jayanti meeting the Environment minister of Argentina
- A view of the Indian Pavillion
This second report from the COP25 reflects one of the Brahma Kumaris’ busiest days. There were several Brahma Kumaris side events and the exhibition stand has been kept busy as it has been, once again, very popular. This report includes:
- Background information for COP25
- 10 ways to change the world exhibition stand
- The interfaith coordination meeting
- Side event: Strengthening Peaceful Pathways to Sustainable Solutions
- Side event: Inspiring Courage to Act and Adapt in a Climate Emergency
- Side event: Collective Adaptation to the Climate Emergency
The inadequate response from those in power has already led to harmful consequences. The legally-binding Paris Agreement must be implemented. The faith communities offer an empowering voice of hope over fear, of compassion over indifference, and urgent and fair action as a moral obligation.
This report records the formation of the highly qualified Brahma Kumaris team from around the world participating in the COP25. This report includes:
- The BK team introduction
- Attending the Indigenous Peoples’ Platform
- The initiation of action by the interfaith group
- The opening of the COP25
- Attending the Human Rights and Climate Change meeting
- The BK exhibition stand firing into action
The panel for this side event, 18:30 3rd December, discuss providing support for all humanity.
This side event, 16:45 3rd December, with Sister Jayanti in the panel discusses implementing the Paris Agreement in solidarity and compassion.
This side event, 2:45 3rd December, is a collaboration between Bramha Kumaris and Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies. The panel discuss the co-benefits of working together in peace, for peaceful solutions.
As has been the case for many years now, Brahma Kumaris will be participating in the Conference of Parties 25 (COP25). Even though the event has moved half way around the world, from Chile to Spain, a strong team has been assembled for the event. Many programs have been arranged to enable us to convey our message of spirituality and its importance to managing climate change. Here we give the team profiles, the calendar of events and a press statement of 2/12/19.
The COP25 team assembled in Chile produced a number of events in preparation for COP25 being in Chile. This report describes the team and a presentation by Golo Pilz. This talk included all the main points of the work of Brahma Kumaris for the environment. There is also description of a talk: Healthy mind, healthy planet at Viña del Mar.